Weirather Laser Sintering 3232
The new generation of the Weirather Laser Sintering 3232 stands for the highest quality components and maximum productivity with a production volume of 38 litres.
The innovative and energy-saving infrared heaters heat the surface of the powder bed up to 250°C in next to no time. The system is controlled by a precision temperature controller, enabling reproducible component properties for the entire build volume.
- The insulated interior guarantees maximum energy savings.
- The laser point pyrometer allows an accurate control of the process temperature.
- The water-cooled circuit for the adapter flange, scanner and laser guarantee high reliability and reproducible accuracy.
- Precise, water-cooled, high-speed 3-axis scanner up to 15m/sec.
- The digital Z-axis control the optimum laser focus length. This means that no costly F-theta lens is needed.
Patented application device
- The innovative and patented application device applies the material precisely and compacts this gradually up to the finished layer.
- Productivity is hugely improved in conjunction with powerful, water-cooled 100-watt lasers.
- Definable layer thickness of 0.05mm, 0.10mm, 0.12mm, 0.15mm, 0.20mm.
- Useful build volume: 320x320x380mm
- Layer thickness: 0.05mm, 0.10mm, 0.12mm 0.15mm, 0.20mm.
- Scanner: 3-axes X-Y-Z
- Scan speed: up to 15m/s
- Heat-up time: 2-2.5 hours
- Laser: CO2 laser 100 watt
- Electrical connection: 32A / 400V
- Power consumption: 10KW maximum/ ca. 3KW in the process
- Weight: ca. 900kg
- Nitrogen generator: Integrated or external connection
- Compressed air with Nitrogen generator: at least 10m³/h
- Software: Materialise Magics – simple and user-friendly operation
- CAD interface: STL
- Operation via mobile phone and tablet available as optional extra
The low-maintenance process chamber made of stainless material is lined with a high-quality thermal insulation to keep the energy consumption low. The highly efficient infrared heater ensures a fast and even heating of the surface of the powder. The precision laser point pyrometer regulates the process temperature in real-time to guarantee reproducible component properties and a safe process with the highest quality components.
Higher component quality thanks to water-cooled system
The integrated water cooling unit tempers the overall system, such as scanner, laser and its mounting base plate to exactly +20°C. Consequently, the process chamber is sealed off almost 100 percent completely. Our innovative temperature management and the adapted software significantly increase the productivity and dimensional accuracy.
The portfolio of materials qualified for the WLS 3232 is designed to satisfy all industrial requirements. PA11, PA12, in natural colours are processed reliably. PA glass fibres as well as PEEK are still under development and will be available shortly. There are no extra costs for the activation of materials with the WLS 3232.